If you have been putting off gutter cleaning because it seems like too tedious a task or you don’t fancy clambering on a rickety ladder, then maybe it’s the right time to consider hiring an eavestrough cleaning Toronto company. Like any other service, you must do your due diligence before hiring a gutter cleaning company. Because due to the overwhelming demand for quality services, there are many fly-by-night companies who have set up shop. You do not want to deal with a company that does a shoddy job or disappears altogether after cleaning the eavestrough once. Here are five tips that will help you avoid getting fobbed off and select the right eavestrough cleaning Toronto company for your home.
Selecting the right Gutter Cleaning Company
You can use the internet to find companies close to your home and then schedule a meeting at their registered office. This is important because you can get a brief idea if the company has a legitimate setup. During the meeting, here are five factors which you can use to analyze their responses.
- A Free Estimate: Every professional eavestrough cleaning company will provide you with a free estimate for the job. While some will want to inspect the jobsite, others will ask for your home specifications and use an algorithm to come up with an estimated price. Either ways, it helps you understand a ballpark cost for the cleaning job.
- The Cleaning process: Ask the eavestrough cleaning Toronto company for details on the cleaning process. Many new companies use a pressure washer to clean the gutter. Not only does this damage the gutter, it also does a patchy cleaning job at best. Professionals will hand clean the gutter and physically inspect every part of it to ensure that there are no remnants or residue.
- References: Does the company provide references of jobs completed recently? This is very important. Any professional company will provide you at least three references that you can speak to. Contact these homeowners and ask about the service, the communication and post-sales customer service. This is one of the best ways to know about the quality of a service.
- Guarantee: Most eavestrough cleaning Toronto companies will provide you with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are speaking to a company that doesn’t provide you with one, then maybe you need to look elsewhere. While this is not mandatory, it does reassure you about the quality of the service.
- Payment terms: Last but not the least, enquire about the payment terms. A professional gutter cleaning company will request you to make a partial advance payment that helps them cover the cost of the service. However, if a company demands complete upfront payment, then do not hire them. You should always leave a portion of the payment unpaid to safeguard your interests in case the service level dips or the company turns truant.
Hiring a professional gutter cleaning company makes the task so much simpler. And its not an expensive service either. All you need to do is compare quotes and find one that suits your requirements.